Thursday, January 22, 2015

Apple Crisp

Apple Crisp











One of my favorite things when I was about 11 years old was when my Grandma and Grandpa would come visit on Saturday afternoons.  They would bring a meal with them and it would always include dessert!  When we moved into our new house, my Grandmother wanted to teach me how to make apple crisp.   I will never forget how she would NOT let me use the pairing knife to peel the apples because she was afraid I would cut my finger off!  So she peeled them herself.  Grandma didn't use  a recipe, which wasn't too far off from how she created most of the amazing dishes that came out of her kitchen.  Well I didn't use a recipe for this apple crisp either, and to be honest I didn't even peel the apples.  I helped myself to a stash Stacy has in our freezer ready to go from the apple tree on my brother's farm. I hope you enjoy!
 
THE LIST:
 
Apples- 6-8 cups (peeled and 1 inch cubed)
Pinch of Salt and 1 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1/4 Cup with sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
                                                                     
1/4 Cup with sugar
3/4 Cup Brown sugar
3/4 Cup Quick Oats
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 stick butter- sliced thin
 
Mix all the ingredients in red together and put in a 1.5 quart greased round baking dish.
Mix all the ingredients in blue, except the butter.
Put the flour/oat/sugar mixture on top of the apple mixture and place the thinly sliced butter on top of that evenly across.
Bake of 375 degrees F. for 45 min.
 
This will be runny when you pull it out of the oven, so be careful not to burn yourself.
Let cool and enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment